Friday, November 6, 2009

Changes...

It has been months since I have posted. Since May, I think? I am not going to catch up, but I will say that life is very good. As far as the ADHD, we have it under control. Sammy and Josh are doing so well. Their medication has made a huge difference. Sammy is doing very well in school. He is reading above grade level and he consistently gets all of the words right on his weekly spelling tests. There is no longer the struggle to do homework or sit down with a book and read. He can focus and concentrate. It is a miracle. I am so proud of him. Joshy is doing very well too. He is much less moody and demanding. I have my happy boy back. Some may be skeptical about medication, and you can judge me, but I don't care. My boys are happy and doing well. I have peace in my home again.


Holly is a beautiful almost 11 month old. She has strawberry blonde hair and beautiful blue eyes. She bring such a sweet and happy spirit into our home. We love her so much.


Now for the changes. A month ago we decided to update our kitchen. We had pink formica countertops and natural oak cabinets. We peeled off the formica and laid down black, granite tile. We put in a slate brick tile back splask. And we painted the cabinets white. It's like a new kitchen.


I don't have a "before" picture, but trust me, the pink countertops were bad.

We have been thinking about selling our house for awhile for many reasons. One being that interest rates are really low right now making it a great time to upgrade. We decided to list it this week, but only for 30 days. It was on the MLS for 2 days and 1 couple looked at it and is making an offer that we are considering. Holy cow! That happened so fast. If it all works out, we will need to find a different house soon. And we aren't even sure where we should look.

I am also scheduled to have surgery during the week of Thanksgiving. I have been having some problems and I have decided to have a hysterectomy. It was a very hard decision to make, but I know it is the right thing to do. It's wierd that so many big decisions are happening right now.

I know that everything will work out. I know that the Lord has His hand in our lives right now and I know that He will guide us.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG! Huge changes! I wish you well in the health area. That's going to be stressful to have to move AND have a life-changing surgery around the same time. ~huggles to you~